Having been in a mood lately that I can only describe as on the verge, or possibly just agitated, I am eager to promote this less uneasy temperament. Perhaps it has all been a part of the change that I have experienced over the last few months, what with graduating, attending field school, & getting my first- though temporary- job in the field.
It is difficult to understand, but easy to identify when I get into that kind of mood. It is that status in which other members of my family leave, close up, work harder, etc. I intend to work harder, because I think I understand my stresses, and have decided that working harder will null the causes of that unease, or at least lessen the effect they have on my brain & body. In order to reactivate & stimulate my brain, I have started this blog. The stimulation of thought and problem solving often helps me avoid that chasm of self doubt that I rarely (but completely) fall into.
This blog is part of a new beginning of sorts for me. It's something new, and I've just begun it, firstly. But also, I am attempting to be more understanding of myself, less self depricating, and generally less agitated by my close personal encounters in the world. I have tended to keep a wall up, and that wall is good for me. But I think it's been hacked down to a knee wall, one on which I can sit with those people, problems, ideas and we can figure it out together to the best of our abilities. I am excited about interesting material the reader(s) might provide me, and hope that those of you who know me well will help in attracting my attention to things that will further excite our neurons into firing all kinds of beautiful and captivating messages... Inspiring, interesting, or silly things I or my friends & loved ones come across will surely be included here, and I will give due credit to those who give me good directions. Above all, I want this blog to be productive, which does not require daily entries, but consistency and effort. Something to create a dialogue with myself, and hopefully with any of you people who have chosen to follow me here.
In addition to spewing mental meanderings, I intend to focus on and hopefully make strides toward patching the fast leaking boat that once held my fairly decent writing skills.
I did include the 'adult material' step because I find it hard to believe that I will refrain from cursing on this blog, and don't want to offend, but it is my place to curse if I so choose. You have been warned! Explitives likely.
Also, I prefer little direct communication via my blog, because the only people reading this (will assume for now) already know how to get in touch with me. So, if you have any amazing contribution to make to our ever working imaginations, give me a call, write me an email, come over to my house... Comments are welcome, but let's keep it upbeat, or at least entertaining... And yes, entertaining means - entertaining to Me, the Master of the House as it were. The house being this dear blog.
Anyway, If nobody reads this, at least it's documentation of an active effort!
No comments:
Post a Comment