23.12.08

Nous sommes arrivés!


The trip down was pretty easy. Left Mum & Dad's at 6:15 a.m. Got to Percy's at 6:38a.m. and Were on our way by 7:00a.m. I drove til 1pm, wherein I was given a breather. The day passed quickly, conversation filling the morning, Alex napping around midday. Then Alex woke up and drove 1pm til 6:pm and we stayed at a cheap motel/rv park which had tv, heat, shower (unused) and a bouncy bed which I jumped on. I also washed two pairs of underwear and two shirts with the floral scented soap in the bathroom, and the shirts were dry by morning, but the undies were not. Location? Undies= bathroom hung up, tshirts on hooks by the door, possibly in the wind path of the a/c unit heating the place.
We left by 6:a.m. today as well, and had a nice breakfast at a Cuban place, and lunch/dinner at the Seafood Depot here in Everglades City. We got here 12p.m. and went directly to the ranger station to get our permit for 9 days of canoodling. Then we decided to ask the people at the Ivey (hurh? ivEy? ivy?) House about routes. We had intended to take the 9 days all the way to Flamingo, but apparently I misheard the man on the phone. I heard $80, but he said $380.. Shit! So 9 days but not to Flamingo, we're gonna take a loop, see more environments while we're at it. Down the Wilderness Waterway and back up along the Gulf Coast through the thousand islands. Should be nice. New Years will be spent on Pavillion Island (I think) and it has a really nice westward view so we can have a bonfire and drink our box wine and eat our sweaty cheese and beef jerky on 31 Dec. 2008. Then we have to head at breakneck speed back to Everglades City because the canoodle has to be back in by 4:30pm.
Anyway, I'm about to make some phone calls, and sign some Xmas cards. Made it to get stamps in time. Hope to have all the cards in a posting facility tonight before bed. We're staying at the Ivey House which has a pool, breakfast starting at 6:30a.m. and we got 10% off the room. BOOSH. Definitely wouldn't be worth it without those things.
Time to get in the pool, and relajar... mijo...


No comments: