21.3.10

Breezy Sunday Afternoon

Today and all week have been awesome. I didn't realize how badly I needed to get away, and the spot we picked- yet again- was perfect. The holiday also opened my mind to Georgia, a state which I had never really considered when I think of all those really neat places to live. At the very least Savannah and Jekyll Island were too cool. Biking beaches, exploring historical architecture & moments, meeting people, but mostly just being together in adventure was the best.

It was fantastic to have work to return to, and it seems that with the opening of my beautiful tiny daffodils spring is opening possibilities of other kinds, namely work, but also the opening of windows, and the back yard with all its fun nuances and buried treasure (ok-buried brick for the lay people). It is beautiful outside, even cloudy, the birds are chatting up the wind, the cats are bolder than ever looking as though they might pound down people's doors; people, too, straying further and further from their doors, for a walk, a talk, a smile.

There have been problems with software licencing so one of my midterms is on pause, unfortunately still due tomorrow as of my last check, but I'm not really worried. Tomorrow's plan? Attack the day early, head to work.

No comments: