It is funny the things that can remind me of things. I am very glad that I did not stop at Atlas Shrugged, but it has always been a fantastic foundation upon which to build in prosperity and return to in moments of need. I enjoy the plainess of it, and it has formed a simplicity of self in me having read it at such a young age. It is good that my Dad started me there, then leading me to Stranger in a Strange Land, and Beggars in Spain- instead of leaving me in that selfish but uniquiely childish place I had made myself. There is a spectrum that is comprehensively represented by those books that I appreciate and see with clarity, even if my words currently are too defunct to express it.
Most pertinent to my current brainless spiraling decent is the following quote which I had written so many times years ago, trying to permanently cast it upon the walls of my soul. It has faded over time, but just like all those connections in the brain which are not ripped apart by brain damage or a serious breakdown of some kind, they may be brightened enough to read again.
"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only the frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is possible, it is yours."
No comments:
Post a Comment