14.10.08

Hani Hani!

My cook friend, Little Momma, has returned to DC to get her foot fixed. It is not the same! She is so much fun. "No more Shewaye" :( Plaf. Oh well. Mayhap she will return. Tiji is gone, too! Temporarily. She has gone to visit Shewaye *pronounced Sheh wah yay, I think*.

Thinkin on what to do next, but really enjoying the time to relax & ponder. In looking for jobs I have found so many interesting things, namely in research, ethnographical skills put to use, but generally things beyond my current reach. And of course, me am I, and I get fascinated by, lost in tangents. We're overwhelmed by news & information! Oh no! To be honest, I guess some days I might feel like this, but I am usually thankful that there is so much available. What is more overwhelming is the searching for specifics, for me. I'm just not as good at it as some. Mine is a whole to part, rather than part to whole approach. Whether that's a good thing or not, we'll see I guess. Anyway, I'd like to say that either approach would lend itself to tangent means, but it is seeming like my tangent potential is more directed than my goal attaining potential when searching. Google & Wikipedia, they are the way and the light. Really. I sometimes miss having a university id number that can access the library info & scientific articles, but not so much. There are a few references in wikipedia or google that I search to their tips and find at the end an article that I would need special privileges to view, in which case I have been borrowing access.

Where there are options, there is time, where there are none, there is time, too. Having the restaurant & catering as backup is surely helpful for my current situation. No fulltime well paid position for now. Having backups is also a recipe for procrastination, unfortunately. I want something, but I want something good, so I take more time, even when I shouldn't. My eyes are also set on going to Easter Island in the spring, which makes me hesitant to establish myself with a fulltime, benefited job. Because hypothetically, I'll be down in the Pacific in less than 6 months. And I don't like to quit jobs. But oh well. Might happen. Who knows. In the past, if something presented itself, I took it. So That might work out here, whilst still making monay. In the meantime, I might be looking into building stuff for people, selling things... Sewing. Things like that. First to get my confounded sewing machine back!!!! Whhyy I aughta... =_=

I think I'm missin on my parentals lately. Glad that my Mum is coming up today. It's funny how things work out. Paul & Diahanne hated when we would drop in, but I would love it if they did! I need to get my parents workin up this way, see if they'll turn my place into the DoDropInn,Too. And I keep thinking about calling Alex's Mommy up, usually while I'm at work, about to fall asleep, walking out the door, driving, etc. I shall set aside a time for this telecommunication conference. Thus it shall occur, and not just be a thought. It occurred to me that Occlo would maybe enjoy a little girls day like today. Get our hair did, go to the outside market. Maybe eat at the restaurant I"ll be working at only a few hours later....

The weather has been supreme lately. Chilly mornings verging on cold, sunny warming days, still chilly in the shade reminiscent of morning. Otto has been enjoying the dog days waning here at the house. Scaling fences as supinely as any cat, well, nearly as supinely. A pretty incredible thing to see, a dog climbing a fence, I mean how many times will you get to see that. He's really the sweetest dog, India, her ex-hubby & good ol' mom & dad really did a good job with him. One of the few dogs who will listen, really listen, who doesn't have to be yelled at when to stop, usually, when he's not across the yard barking at passersby. Just now, he lays on his cushy bed at my feet in the study, were the cushy bed not in here he would still be on my feet. We still have some time before that is needed Otto, a few degrees cooler and they're all yours. He listens to the chair creak, not moving his head, only his ears, to make sure I'm not getting up to go pee or get more tea or anything, because then he would have to get up and follow closely behind to make sure I didn't get into any trouble along the way. Sweetiepie.

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is finally in my grubby hands! mwahahahahaha. I have waited many a day for this, and now I have it! I think I'll also read the BlahBlahBook clubs book, even though I'm not a member. Maybe if I read enough of their book suggestions I will be in the club in spirit, if not on Myspace...
Sway, by Ori and Rom Brafman.

I just had a sort of personal revelation. That most people don't do everything that occurs to them, in fact most people do a very limited sort of things, with a given group of people on a regular basis... And of course, what everybody always says, if you try to do everything you don't get very much, or you just get twice as much done as everybody else. Depending. I think I've been an extremist of the latter, trying to do everything, and getting a lot of it done, but lately I have been doing less. Helen says that's a sign of getting older, but I disagree. I think it's a change of perspective for sure, but not necessarily a sign of getting older, because one could just as easily change ones mind the other way later, depending on the immediacy & nature of the circumstances one faces. Right now I'm feeling like my circumstances are not of a hurry get'er done nature, but not a let's wait around nature. Somewhere in the middle, and wherever I go & whatever I do, take a little time for instance do some other things, is just fine.

I hope I get into the GIS program. That would be a job opener. Like a can opener instead of that knife I had for so long. Why was my can opener in the car? Why wasn't that pocket knife in the car. Now they're in their correct places, but come on. It took me a while.

Otto still door guarding on his cushy fluff, I still mounted to my captain's chair, over & out.

*annotation:
P.S. I have been stricken with the most severe sorts of Tasha sickness to record. Mayhap spending time with the individual after whom the sickness is named will enlighten me as to several remedies, though I know all too well that the best remedy for that sickness which keeps one rushing into the future like a motorcycle into a brick wall is to do something significant now, or at least make the now more significant. I have been abandoning myself here, for escapades into the not yet, and it has left me little energetic, a bit more than ragged, & sputtering nonsensicals when noises find their way to leave my mouth at all. What I do today is just as important as what I mightbe doing 10 days, 100 days from now. But, as chance would have it, the thoughts of this day are being recorded, making it 10 times more valuable to posterity, than a "more important" day that may or may not surface that goes unrecorded? ;)

Time to listen to NPR. signing off.

No comments: