
El Parque de Santa Lucia, Santiago, Chile.
I've had a great time meeting Bill, an astronomer in Renaca (with enye), along with his lady friend Gabriela, two precious hot dog dogs, the cat named Gucci, and the half deaf recently adopted kitty Conde. It was beautiful along the coast, and I'd like to see it again someday. The internet at Bills is dial up, though, so couldn't access facebook or any other high maintenance account. Didn't have the patience to even try out blogger. It took every last bit of my patience to wait for gmail to work.
Today was a short intro to Santiago, and got to go to the Museum of Pre Columbian History. It was awesome, such beautiful art, amazing ideas- making an inflatable boat out of hide?- , detailed textiles... I drooled a bit. Not permitted to take pictures, oh well. The gift shop was awesome, in addition. Maybe Justin will want to go there when he arrives.
At a little place with outside seating, Vincentos or something, ate a Quinoa salad, Alex!!! Took a picture of it for Helen, in addition to the description on the menu. "Ensalada del Grano Madre": quinoa salad with avocado, tomato, queso de cabra, and fresh lettuce. Delicious... yumyumyum.
Haven't had much opportunity for picture taking, crazy, right? I who take so many pictures? Yeah, well I don't know what opportunity I'll have for uploading them to facebook on Easter Island, as I've been told that the connection there is dialup! hahahah. Hopefully this is a misunderstanding.
Anyway, I'm about to try to use my international calling card on my parents, and then skype on Alex. Wish me luck!
Anyway, took a nice shower, unfortunately scalding my right foot as I hadn't tested the temperature before entering, but a nice shower nonetheless.
1 comment:
Nice picture!
Post a Comment