3.11.09

fever fever fever

This morning I slept lightly, dreaming heavily. I dreamt that I was in the living room at Liberty Hall, and Louie and Daddy John were seated there happily reminiscing. Then Daddy John went to a drawer and grabbed a bundle of photos, a big bundle because his hands were big, and he walked out the hallway door to the middle of the yard where the little windmill stood. I knew I was supposed to go out into the yard, as I watched him through the window. The stillness I saw like watching through a tv, but then he threw up the photos, and they flew everywhere. I knew the game, we walked around picking up all the photos that had landed face up. Some were of people I didn't know but recognized because- duh, it's a dream- and some of them were of me and my cousins. It was wonderful. Closer in to where Daddy John stood, more photos landed face up. I climbed over the tree that has slowly sagged over the years, while I have simultaneously though limitedly grown taller. Then suddenly Daddy John was not there, probably was somewhere smiling with Louie. My sister Leigh was there, picking up pictures with me. Then I moved in my bed, woke with my fever still raging, and I had bloodied my favorite night pants...

I recently made my first "from scratch" biscuits. It was awesome, and delicious, and fast. And rewarding...

Made a chicken casserole with barley wheat, then altered that into a tomato, red pepper, cheesey casserole. Success. AND The mushroom soup was AMAZING! Now I want to try to make that potato cheesey ham bake that Alex had for lunch yesterday.

No comments: