23.11.09

I slept in today.

The last two weeks have been crazy. Driving nearly every day to Hampton at 5am does have some perks, listening to NPR and catching writers almanac. Working at Ft. Useless I found it wasn't so unused after all. Bosses called in to Range Control every day, thankfully, because the gunfire & helicopters didn't seem to notice us, especially as the shots got closer & closer, but never reached us. Almost Indiana Jones, right? Not exactly. Way more vines to rail against & thorns to poke eyes & rip pants, shirts, & skin. Had a glorious fall during which the shovel I was carrying whacked me so hard above my knee that lower leg fell asleep during lunch and took a very long time to become useful again. It wasn't a horrible two weeks of work, but nearly. I hadn't had an archaeology job in nearly two months, and suddenly I have to dig with a shovel all day long right after having the flu which attached itself to my respiratory system rather than my intestines, and caused all kinds of havoc for the last few weeks with my asthma. Glad to be home this week. But I'm so far behind in homeworks that it's going to have a bulldozing effect on my brain power.
In addition to the archaeology, I was coming home for catering gigs & class. Because I had already agreed to work & attend those. Draining is an understatement.
Saturday a.m. Beau went with me to the lab to get some of our homework done, and then I had to go to work. Made a $9 tip. Sunday I worked a double, 7:30a.m. then had a break to come back @ 5pm. Made a $20 tip. I picked up paychecks so now I will have more than nothing in my bank account, and will be able to pay my phone bill, power bill, & water bill. Yay. Then to wait for more money.
Sunday nights gig left me with a ton of food, on the good side. Enough to feed on for quite a while. Also, during the break, Beau & I went to the spca to do one of the things I really like doing, petting cats & feeding dogs. There were the cutest kittens Leo & Heath. Heath was a scraggley little dude with no whiskers & both he and his brother were black & white. But Heath had all kinds of white splotches on his face, with one black freckle by his nose, and he looked like all the black parts were going grey. Very cute. Leo was a very attractive black & white, but had fur shorter than Heath. It would be nice if they're both adopted together. I miss Eggroll so much! It's so nice when they just sprawl over your lap & warm up your whole body. It will be a year this xmas since he's been gone.
Well, I'm still in my pj's and I have some working out to do, check to bank, & homework to terminate.
It's a rainy day. Rainrain rain. Goosebumps over my arms. It's still not time to turn the heat up.


No comments: