12.11.10

Ah! Das eet... Almost.

I will finish Brunswick County maps (aerial view, basemaps, topos) today. Monday I will review Dinwiddie county, the largest and most annoying. My finishing date is Monday 22 November, which means all the maps are report ready by that date. And then there's the big maps, but I think Garco will be doing those.
Speaking of the GIS masta, I was sort of being introduced to the standardization for stp/unit profiles he wants to enact. Frustrating that the corrections he was trying to show me were not being based on my original graphics, but instead on graphics which had been edited by someone else. It would have been nice to have instruction based on my actual work, but it had been saved over. Also frustrating is that I felt like I was being lectured about mistakes that I didn't actually make, but I can't prove that, because my originals are gone. Oh well.
Not really sure why I was being showed "the ropes" for that particular task, since I'm pretty sure that my employment will be done when I finish the maps for Emeray. But who knows, work has lasted much longer here than I anticipated. That said, I cannot stop applying & searching for work.
Have been seriously considering the USAEC or USAS but am unsure how to go about it.
Time to get back to work!

No comments: