18.2.10

Single Leg Romanian Deadlift.

Firstly, the living room looks and feels AWESOME. Sunny and south facing, and now it's nearly perfectly organized with these cool baskets made of twisted newspaper. I sprayed the big one with a fixative so we will see if the rub off of text is kept to a minimum. The little one can be the control.

Wow! It's going to be nearly 50 degrees today!! Amazin. And did I mention, it's sunny out!

Just finished a great workout. Total took about 45 minutes. Including mastering the Single Leg Romanian Deadlift.

First, I did another Zuzana challenge:

4 rounds as fast as possible- timed.

A. 1 Leg Lunge: 25 reps on each leg
With chair or stool behind you, get your proper distance for a normal lunge with both feet on the floor. Then, put one foot on the chair behind you, the ball of the foot stabilizing you. Squat into lunge with knees behind toes.
B. Side Jump w/ One Leg Push-up: 12 reps
Stand tall with room to your sides enough to make a big jump (like vigorously jumping the width of a typical yoga mat). Jump sideways, squat deeply, place hands on the ground in front of you and jump feet back into a strong plank position. Cross feet and complete 1 pushup. Jump legs back into squat, stand up, jump to other side, repeat. Try to cross the opposite leg for each repetition.
I had to alter this one because of the small space in my study. I did 1 round with the jump and it was a bit cramped. So for rounds 2-4 I squatted deeply and jumped as high as I could, body straight and tense, then the pushups. Still 12 reps.
C. Butt lift w/ Toe Touch: 25 reps.
Lay on back, bring legs up to vertical and lift the butt off the ground a few inches. Keep torso tight! Lower butt, raise upper back and reach for your toes, keeping stomach tense. That's 1 rep.. Do it 25 times!

My time for this was 24 minutes 32 seconds. Not too bad!

Then I worked on my hamstrings because my left leg/knee/hip have been giving me trouble.

1. One-Leg deadlift with 12 lb weight: 10 reps each side/2 sets
Left leg in front with right toe slightly behind and resting on toes, not weight bearing. Stand tall keep back straight, shoulders straight and bend over letting weight hang directly beneath center of chest at shoulders.

2. Single Leg Romanian Deadlift: no weights/8 reps/ 3 sets
Same positioning as above, but since there's no weight to hold I placed my hands on the middle of my back to feel the muscles contract for one set, then on the back of weight bearing leg to feel the muscles work there. Make sure to push your butt back and keep the back straight and strong, as well as the shoulders.

Lots of fun. I will probably do this one again this week, since it's lighter intensity than the last one. That KILLED my legs!!! Anyway.

Looking into the endcap for spring break. Exciting!!!

Got my eye looked at yesterday and the visit was only $8! The antibiotic eye drops were only $17, nice considering the lack of insurance.

Also beat the pants off my Dad in cribbage.... Well not exactly beat the pants off, but I WON!!!!!!!! He has invited me back for a rematch... Also, Mom gave me some more pots for the various and expanding plant life taking over our house. And potting soil! So cool. Maybe a Sunday morning activity??

After lunching, I have to go to campus and do homework. Then home to do other homework.

Feelin great and energized after this workout.

Thinking of soup for lunch.


No comments: